RE: [Harp-L] Question for position guys

Davie Payne wrote:
> OK, so my question now is why wouldn't fourth position still first position? It's the exact same dynamic of relative scales.
---Good question. I think JP Pagan is correct... 4th position is 4th whether you're playing the relative minor scale [natural minor], the harmonic minor scale, dorian,etc...or whether you're playing the major scale...so on the C harp, 4th is 4th whether it's A natural minor, A harmonic minor, A dorian minor...or A major. The position # denotes the starting point on the harp...not the scale being played.WVa Bob