[Harp-L] Re: Three questions to the experienced busker

I'd agree with the poster who said the wealthy areas are worse than the
not-so-wealthy when it comes to putting something in the pot. I have been
playing farmers markets (not harp, singing and guitar or uke usually)  for
the past two years and my forays into the ones in upscale 'hoods always
seem to result in less tips than the ones in less-well-off areas.

As to clothing: I dress pretty much the same way for my gigs as for the
rest of my life ... usually jeans or slacks, a Hawaiian shirt in warm
weather or a long-sleeved shirt in cool weather.

And yes, take some money out of the pot periodically just for safety's
sake. Times are hard, temptation may be irresistible for some hard luck
folks.

Bob Loomis
Concord CA USA