Re: [Harp-L] Update on Harrison Harps

An honorable man is allowed to fail, but should be able to deal with consequences of failure. It's one thing to ask you to invest in the company & another is to buy a product. He could address people that believed in him, people he failed. Evidently there is plenty of good will even now, even among some people that got "shtooped". He could've cared to clear his name by at least addressing people, explaining that their good will is not naive or foolish - something like I tried, failed and will make it up to you + see, I'm not rich, not hiding in Abbodabbad"  Isn't it (responsibility) is what you're supposed to tech your children? No wonder the world is  where it is with this borrow and play mentality. I understand that may be the first day he was too crushed, too "not ready". But all this time passed and the man is hiding - friends, have some "ethico-philosophical" back bone, please! We still judge men by their actions, including how they handle
 failure. Otherwise you propagate the crime.

This thread comes up quite a bit and I'm always interested in people's views.
Bottom line is that he took people's money, did not deliver the promised product
and then ran and hid. He may or may not feel bad (won't know until he comes out
of hiding), but that doesn't change what he did, or frankly make it any better.
It was wrong when he took the money, wrong when he ran away and remains wrong
now.

Scott Harris
President
scott@...