Re: [Harp-L] Update on Harrison Harps

I do not believe that there was any intent to defraud.

Based on the evidence that I could see, I think that the scenario was as follows:

  He failed because he bought molds for fancy plastic covers, hired people, and sold harmonicas before he knew how to mass-produce the working parts.   He made commitments that he couldn't keep, then when the bills came in, unwisely used customer's money to buy time.....hoping things would somehow work out.  His actions at the last were more from desperation than from evil intent.

IMO, he went about it backwards. If he had first used his seed capital to develop a process for fabricating and tuning reeds & plates, then build a company around it, he would have probably been successful.

I doubt that he got rich.  I'm guessing that he lost a lot of his own money, his customer's money, and perhaps even failed to pay his employees in full. Nobody won.

Vern