Re: [Harp-L] would this work?

Winslow, nothing wrong with being conservative, though it did seem so to me, as well... After all, hole 3 on both, reg. diatonic, as well as XB40 can already, and somewhat easily do 4 halftone bends, plus the "B-thing" tuning(I so love that bend that Carlos does!). So, if you say 5 is doable, say we push the envelope a bit more to 6, and in XB40 case we could have an entire octave on a single hole(using both, blow and draw directions)? I don't know how practical that would be, but sounds fascinating, as an expressive option. Plus, we'd gain a lower octave on the bottom end(true/false?) I understand that some/most people find the XB too bendy, but I (and seems like you too) would welcome "more horses under the hood". I love it when it is I, and not my instrument that is the "limit", like in the case of a recorder - no moving parts, nothing to fail me, any mess-up is me and my technique alone.

Man, how I regret the news of XB40 demise, and hope that it is a false rumor, as I did not find any clear statements from Hohner - Rick, is it really so?