Re: [Harp-L] would this work?

A bummer, but Winslow thanks for saving me some "screwdriver time" - I was just about to try it with my lowest and highest harp just to see... So you say that XB40 is pretty much at the limit of practical bendability? Like, going for a lower enabler reed would not do much -  Rick, do you confirm?
Mik.

>>>No, sad to say, it wouldn't work. I've tried it.

Reeds have a limit to how far they will change pitch, usually in the
neighborhood of three semitones up or down.

So let's say the high F draw reed will bend down to D and the low blow reed will
bend up (in opening mode on a draw breath) to A-flat. That still leaves five
semitones, from A to C#, where the reeds can't meet in pitch. Even if you could
get two more semitones in bending range out of each reed, their pitches would
still fail to meet and collaborate.

Winslow