Re: [Harp-L] would this work?

My answer is yes, you can make several tone bends, but probably not an octave bend. Up to 3,5 tones a bend is still continuous and fairly easy. Beyond this it starts to be difficult, and will eventually "break up". As the distance in pitch increases between the draw and the blowreed, bending will require more and more muscle power, more airstream and at the end you will not be able to bend anymore, the upper note will simply switch to the lowest bent note without any transition. If you still increase the pitch difference, there will probably be nothing, just "wind noise".

Zombor

________________________________
 From: mik jagger <harpomatic@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:40 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] would this work?

if we take a two harps, say low and high F, for example, switch the blow reedplate for the DRAW plate from the lower harp, flip it so that its in the "blow" position.
You'd get the same note on inhale and exhale, just a different octave, right? Do you think we'd get an octave-deep draw bends on every hole, as a result? I don't have the two identical harps an octave apart to try it, but I just wonder...