Re: [Harp-L] Big River

Matthew Smart wrote:

"The big river is a little underrated. 3 things you can do to make it swell.

1) Add an extra reedplate screw. They are often missing the one that comes
in the center tine.

2) Flat sand the draw plate to make sure it is flat.

3) Slap a custom comb on it. You will not believe the volume and resonance."

I was lucky enough to win a custom comb for a Big River from Matthew at his
SPAH seminar. I was not missing the extra screw.  I did only a very little
sanding on the draw plate.  After putting on the custom comb, it made a huge
improvement to the harp.  I know this was a free upgrade, but if I
wanted/needed a new harp and had a Big River lying around, it is a good way
to get a really nice harp.

Fred S