From: "mik jagger" <harpomatic@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:54:19 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Disclaimers

Rick, you got a point there, and I realize the friendly and humorous sentiment behind your comment, but seriously - I am talking about an issue that is beyond dispute - currently Asia is the land of origin of most knock-off, patent rights-disregarded products. Sometimes it is so discouraging to have a conversation here, because any time one makes a statement, it has to be backed up by countless disclaimers, assurances of no ill intent, patting on the back and expressions of undying love, respect and admiration - it's like dealing with emotionally unstable spoiled kids. I am so more used to dealing with adults that can handle a real conversation.
P.S. I love Asia, Asians, half-Asians, Honda, Sony, Suzuki (imagine that), and all of you - beginners and pros alike.
Mike.

"Isn't there an argument for the harmonica being an Asian invention? The
Khen, and the Sheng etc. etc. were around before it and used the free reed.
Just another example of the west stealing from the east without paying
their dues. hahaha!"