[Harp-L] re: What should a harmonica cost

Richard, i wonder if he has any success teaching few of his students who happen to play those inferior bassoons under $36,000... That explains why bassoon is not the world's most popular instrument.
On Sep 12, 2012, at 7:06 AM, Richard Sleigh <rharp@...> wrote:

> What should a harmonica cost?
>
> Two stories:
>
> 1. I had a conversation with a man who is a music instructor at Penn State
University. His specialty is the bassoon. I asked him about the instrument he
was playing, and he told me that it cost him $30,000 from the instrument maker,
then he had it shipped to California where he had another person make final
adjustments to it. This cost him an additional $6000. He also paid the freight
both ways.