[Harp-L] harp price

"...go Violin shopping, $30,000 will but some good ones.
The best 30x3"    - I really do not buy this argument.Remember how prices jumped 40 to 50% on most harps few years ago? Not on all "imports", just on harmonicas. It's because of points like this. You signal that you are willing to pay more, and german harmonicas become more expensive. A $22 harp is now $30, and assumed to be junk. Xb40 initially available for $60, is now $120, and out of business...Why not do the opposite - press manufacturers for price reductions? It is ok to have a "historically" inexpensive, but fully capable instrument - that's what made harmonica world's #1 instrument in the first place. If it is possible to manufacture a good instrument for $30 - why not be happy (while still demanding consistent quality)? I believe xb40 would be doing fine, had they left prices at the initial $60, instead of shooting themselves in the foot, like they did. Why not even lower the price in time - be unique, be a trend setter! Give us a smaller
 version! Instead they believed the hype, this opinion of select few like this one ("oboe players pay more") express any reality of the majority opinion, and market will "bear a price hike" Well, we are not oboe players, guess it (market) is not bearing more in hohner's case. I, for one am happy that there are still enough lee oskars, as well as hohners, and others at $30 range and would not accept a lemon for my hard-earned cash.