[Harp-L] The importance of mouthpiece screws

I had a bit of a problem with the slider on one of my chromatic harps. It
was sticking. When unscrewing
the screws to the mouthpiece I noticed that the head of the screw moved
around a bit as the screw was
backed out. Knowing that this could potentially be due to either a bent
screw or threads in the comb gone
bad I switched screws from the other end of the mp and found that the
problem was with the screw itself.
By visual inspection the bend is visible but not easily so. I got a new
screw and and the slide sticking
problem was solved. Apparently the bend in the screw was causing the mp to
move up and down as will
as in and out when it was tightened or adjusted.

Just a little piece of information to tuck away. If you ever have slider
problems, check your mp screws.

MusiCal