[Harp-L] why isn't my post showing showing up?

Here are the common transient reasons.

1)  Multiple cc, carbon copy too many addresses and your post gets held
for review

2) blind carbon copy, generates a hold

3) verbose quotation, quote too many bytes of text and your post gets
held.  Why, to stop people from quoting digests to the list.  A really
common way to bump into this limit is to quote a longish post then send it
in html.

Common reasons your post isn't appearing that are more or less permanent.

1) you've let your account get spam botted.  Those accounts are all set to
moderation.  They won't ever get reset unless you ask.  Only one person
ever has done this.

2) you've sent a linked in invite to the list.  big no no, again your
account gets set to moderation.  Your posts will still appear but it might
take a bit.

3)  vacation auto responder.  You'll get set to nomail and moderated.
These people usually do ask to get this straightened out.

Uncommon reasons your posts aren't appearing right away.

1) you have an address mismatch, happens with forwarded mail.  One
character of difference is all it takes.  Sometimes a university account
will get moved to a different domain.  The mail still gets to you but you
won't be able to post.  We have a fix for that.

2) you are posting to the wrong address.  If you send to any other account
name other than harp-l it just disappears.  Well that's not really true it
goes to a deep dark place and I never ever read those e-mails.  I just
delete them globally on a system level about once a year.

3) you persist in posting meta to the list after you've been asked to
stop.  I won't ask you twice.  Your on topic posts will all appear.
Anything else will get bounced back to you.  It's not personal it's
gravity.  This is very rare but it happens.  Life is short, I don't want
to spend mine arguing with you.

All questions and or comments on this post should be directed to
owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx  Do not post replies to the list, thank you  Oh
and please don't post test post to the list.  Write me, I will help you
figure out what the problem is.  None of this is life and death and a
couple of hours in any one direction is no big deal.

harp-l-listowner