Re: [Harp-L] Silk purse from sow's ear.

I think Big River is a good bet for the money. They aren't comparable to MB's or Sp. 20's, but much cheaper. I sent one to Matthew Smart a few years ago and he customized it for me. It's a key that I don't use as often, but it's in my kit and sounds and plays great.

Bullfrog
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Webb" <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Silk purse from sow's ear.

Unless they have made major changes to the Big River, I have always found this an almost unplayable harp.
Steve in Minn.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 11, 2012, at 8:13 AM, "Dan Axt" <dapperdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I disagree. I like Big River harps and I've had no problem playing them. For the money I think they are one of the best values out there. They remind me of what Marine Bands used to be like when I started playing back in the 60s. Dan Axt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Michael Montgomery" <gaulay2@xxxxxxxxx>