Re: [Harp-L] Re: The Future of Blues Harmonica?

Thanks, Brendan, for the positive perspective on the SUB30. Being severely scorched by the initial offering, it'll be a few years before I warm up to them again. I really admire the design and think it is an elegant engineering concept. I find fault with Suzuki for rushing a half-baked execution to market, especially at the current price point.

I will say the new bends were easy to achieve, so that design objective was met well. But the rest of the harp, the basics, seems to have been neglected.

I expect Suzuki will address the problems I, and others, have brought up and make a wonderful 30 reed 10 hole diatonic that plays beautifully right out of the box. I'll be back on that wagon when it comes. Again, it's a brilliant idea. Suzi just has to bring the rest of the harp up to the same level.

RKR