[Harp-L] A rare night for me

I have barely touched my harmonicas in the past six months while recovering from cancer surgery. A couple friends of mine, with whom I have played before, asked me if I would be interested in sitting in on a few songs tonight, their first time as a duo in a little place not far from where I live.
I practiced a little, but was not encouraged with my playing.
So, tonight I had one more drink than I normally would and played 3-4 songs. It wasnt too bad. Last song, we decided just to jam a blues song, me and the acoustic guitar player and his partner improvising lyrics.
That might be the first time in years I really let myself go. That was some kind of fun. I didn't even know I could play like that.
We decided we might try that again.  :)
Steve in Minn. (now trying to wind down)