[Harp-L] hohner success

I just got another hohner 270 deluxe.... a chromatic... probably my 11th or so....I suspect nobody else buys them.

In the past, there have been some issues with them, some easy to fix, some less easy to fix.... tuning has been on the high side, 444-ish...

However, this one seems, at first play...to be really better made than the earlier ones, 5-6 yrs ago, I think.....some gold looking bits where before they were chrome.. not at all important... except when someone asks "Hey, that sounds good, can I see your bolts?" ,....yeah, an obviously over-used come-on line from fans... you have to get used to that stuff, I suppose...although I may be not understanding the question correctly, as it's usually asked when there's lots of noise going on.....

It's really well  in tune, 441, and both reed plates are tuned to the same pitch.... very playable...

This one has 7 bolts, rather than the older ones' five. I usually add a couple of bolts to the old ones....just because.

This is, out of the box, a pretty good horn... one reed needed regapping,.... but that's a personal thing.

So if this is can be extrapolated into the general hohner product line, which "who knows?", it's a great improvement....

On top of that, the price on amazon (thru Sam Ash) was wrong, the price listed was for the Regular 270, but in the end, Sam Ash sold me the deluxe for the advertised price... They first sent me a Regular 270 but replaced it when I told them of the discrepancy ....saved about fifty bucks... so the purchase of more excessively redundant instruments sort of made sense...I'm very happy with the customer service guys at Sam Ash....I was impressed that they really wanted to make me happy.

DISCLAIMER: I own Sam Ash, the entire chain, and I'd like you all to buy stuff there, send me your checks, I'll see that they go to the right place...make them out to me, and I'll see that Our  Lady of Accounting gets the money.... really, I will...

(for some reason , when people praise an instrument company here , they feel it important to issue a disclaimer, for a reason that escapes me.....so that was  mine)

nice work, someone at Hohner...for the  instrument and at Sam Ash for the service...

jk