 From: HarpNinja <harpninja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:57 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Blues harp in Japan -- a historical view

Great article.

Kotez would have to be one of my favorite players, heâs really nailed the
Chicago sound but not just as a technical copyist.

Thereâs also quite a few gaijin players including Steve Gardner
http://www.stevegardner.info/en/schedule/index.html , Dave Steenken and
others who play regularly around Japan.
Theyâve recently being doing a series of concerts up in Fukushima, bringing
some musical joy to an area that still needs it.

Hereâs a clip of Dave Steenken winning the 1997 All-Japan Harmonica
Competition on chromatic http://youtu.be/KEWqvCPyD_Q

Harp On!

Paul Cohen aka Komuso Tokugawa
Shibuya-Ku
Tokyo, Japan
Skype: sonicviz
http://www.sonicviz.com
http://music.sonicviz.com/
http://harpninja.com
http://chordskilz.sonicviz.com/
Linked In: Paul Cohen
Twitter: @sonicviz @komusotokugawa @harpninja

Blues harp in Japan -- a historical view
1 post by 1 author in harp-l

Blues harp player CK, who resides and plays in Tokyo, has just submitted a
new article to Blues Asia Network, reviewing the history of blues harp in
Japan. ÂI've never seen anything like this article before myself -- very
informative.

LINK:
http://bluesasianetwork.com/2012/10/29/fifty-long-years-a-brief-overview-of-
japans-blues-harp-scene/