Re: [Harp-L] Combs (still)

 Matthew Smart wrote:
< s far as flat, the best you can
<do is 1) Flat sand your reedplates 2) try putting micropore on the comb
<as a gasket. I hate doing this myself, but it does make it tighter but
<usually dampens the sound.

I used to micropore my plastic harps routinely, but I no longer do.  It certainly helped make the harps airtight, but it introduced a number of other issues, e.g. harp cleanliness and increased difficulty of maintenance.  I also found it difficult to take the tape off without leaving residue behind, which was not tops for the future of the harp.

At this point in time, most harps are well-made enough that microporing doesn't improve their performance much.  So I'd avoid it.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick