Re: [Harp-L] Combs

On 10/29/2012 11:47 AM, Tom Halchak wrote:
So while I know that there
are some "non-believers" who think that the comb makes no difference I would
be hard pressed to believe that the hundreds and hundreds of harp
enthusiasts that I and Matt Smart and other comb makers serve have been
duped or are simply deluding themselves.
really? humans delude themselves about all kinds of things.
wine experts fail to distinguish identical wines with different
labels, etc.  many people were convinced at one time that
green magic marker made cd's sound better.

Even the most ardent skeptic would have to acknowledge that it is unlikely
that all these people are crazy.

not crazy. human. we think we know things we don't. we ignore evidence that contradicts our beliefs. that's why the scientific method was created.

-- We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give. - Kathy Moser