[Harp-L] comb test (my meta on the topic) read before posting!

Vern posits, "We will be condemned for using Harp-l bandwidth for this
discussion. "

>From the rules of harp-l I've plucked this,  "Do you have anything to say?"

Vern posted this,

"After three tests, a pattern has emerged:
1. Participants approach the test confident that they can discriminate
among different comb materials.
2. During the test, they become frustrated to find that they cannot do so.
3. After the results become known they complain of some test condition
that prevented them from doing so.
4. Some of the witnesses who were present but did not record and submit
their perceptions, declared that they could hear differences."

To which I will append, after numerous iterations of this thread a pattern
has emerged:

1. participants in the thread will divide into sides.
2. Virtually all of the discussion will be reiterative.
3. The issue will not be resolved
4.  Eventually someone will complain publicly that it's a dumb thread and
they're tired of hearing about it..
5. The listowner will kill the thread because the person who complains in
the end moves the discussion into the realm of meta effectively ending it.

Ok, it's not about the bandwidth.  This is an unresolved issue within the
harmonica community.  It makes sense that people want to discuss it.
There is one problem though.  Harp-l's membership is in constant flux.
Many people have never had the chance to discuss the topic.  The thing is
none of them have read any of the previous posts so we wade through it all
over and over again every time this comes up.  So people new to the
discussion, use the google search on our web page at www.harp-l.org  read
up on the topic.  People who have been there done that, don't just say it
all over again unless of course you have something new to ADD to the
discussion.  People who are tired of the discussion, sorry but I don't
think there is one person on this list who likes every post in every
topic.  Tolerance please.

Finally for any one wanting to comment on the meta of the topic, write me
not the list.  As always I'm happy to entertain subscriber feedback etc.
Oh one last thing, DO NOT WRITE harp-l to complain about this thread.
harp-l-listowner