[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 110, Issue 44 Zoom H4/ SUB30

Re the Zoom H4, I would add also that if you use the USB function and plug
into a software recording system - such as Logic or Garageband (I use a Mac)
- then what you lose in totally professional sound quality from the mic you
gain in having almost no wires between you and the recording, so you get an
excellent signal. Moreover, to my ears to appreciate the difference between
harp recorded in a million dollar studio, and sound recorded with direct
input with an H4 or similar, you need several thousand pounds worth of
stereo equipment, an acoustically set up room and no family members running
in and out chatting. Anyone got those luxuries, I certainly don't?

I like the Zoom less for standalone recording because the interface is
horrid and fiddly.

On another note - the SUB30 may be expensive in the USA, but at least you
guys can buy the thing! In Europe we are still waiting.
Richard