[Harp-L] A Flat Note

If a reed goes suddenly flat or goes flat again after you have tuned it up,
filing the tip is not going to do anything for you. It is likely cracked at
the root and needs to be replaced. Don't ask me how I know!

If you are seriously cheap, I have been told (but never actually tried it)
that applying gel type 'superglue' to the cracked area at the root of the
rib will effect a temporary fix. In fact the resulting stiffening of this
part of the reed  may even make it go sharp.

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana