Re: [Harp-L] Emboss gone wrong.

Any of us who emboss usually have to spend a good deal of time plucking the
reed with a tool made for the job (I use a razor blade or feeler gauge)
until you hear the reed 'twang' freely.
In other words, pluck the reed till it wears a path through the burred
edges of the newly embossed slot. It could be that you overdid the
pressure, but some plucking is just about always necessary. One is always
seeking the happy medium of just the right amount of embossing with minimal
plucking to reach the desired tight clearance.
Happy plucking!
RD

--
Rick Dempster