[Harp-L] Awesomest chord harmonica solo of all time

I really think it's this intro from Tony Sgro. There are many that are faster. Many that are more much, much complicated (Tony himself has done ones that were faster, harder and more complicated). But I still think this is the awesomest. What makes it awesome is the tone and how Tony's chord just explodes into the piece.. Dave Doucette is playing bass harmonica here. His bass plays the melody note along while Tony plays the melody in diatonic chords. It lends an even more ominous sound to the chords. Dom Sgro's tone and finesse on the chromatic is incredible as well.
When I first heard this piece, I was mesmorized by Tony's chord. I listened to it for hours. It was what got me started playing chord rhythms - and eventually playing the 48 chord (which I haven't been playing because it's in the repair pile).
First time I met Tony, I asked him about how he got this awesome tone. He said "I don't know. We just played it once. We went in and just read it from the arrangement."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt7D6_TEp0k

David Payne
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Elk River Harmonicas Forum now available via Iphone app, www.elkriverharmonicas.com/forum