Subject: re: [Harp-L] Charlie Winston and harp

Apologies, Greg. I meant to post this yesterday to Rosco--but posted
instead on the youtube affirming that Ken (AirMojo) was correct that it was
indeed a CX-12). You can clearly see the instrument at 2:01/2:02 in the "Like a
Hobo' video as Ben holds it out top side flat towards the camera. You can
actually see it a bit earlier: at 1:22/1:23 as the camera points in over his
 shoulder towards the mouthpiece...and again around 1:38 he holds it again
in  that flat top side up towards the camera showing a piece of (masking?)
tape on  top (designating the key?)---but 2:02 gives the best view of the
full chromatic  and its big fat button, unmistakable to those of us who play
them.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kxB50NqJ_k&feature=relmfu_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kxB50NqJ_k&feature=relmfu)

He switches around the 2:56/2:57 mark to a diatonic--which was my holdup.
Originally I thought it might even be a tremolo.

You can clearly see the switch and the earlier CX-12 if you full screen and
 freeze-frame, clicking forward a frame at a time (on the bottom left
arrow). At first I thought it was a GM, but 'could' be an 1847 since  he did a
video August, 2010 explaining that he'd been playing them for 'a year  and a
half'. So the diatonic I can't pin down, but the CX-12 I'm absolutely
positive about since it's clearly visible and the sound is obvious to my  ears. :)

Best,

Elizabeth

Message: 4