[Harp-L] prewar Old Standby with flower star for sale

I'm selling a prewar Old Standby that I did. It's a C. It is not a custom, but it overblows well on 4, 5 and 6. My idea with this was that I'd try to make something that was about as close to a buying a new one of these back in the day as possible.  I've replaced the comb with a new comb that I sealed reedplates are on tight with new nails. I cleaned the reedplates and coverplates with an ultrasonic cleaner and by hand. On the bottom coverplate, there is what I call the flower star. If you haven't seen one before, it's a six-sided star that goes where the regular prewar star goes and looks like a flower. The bottom coverplate looks almost new. The top has some pitting on it, but it's clean.
I originally made this for myself, but eventually figured I needed another C like a hole in the head. Since it was for myself, when I rounded the corners on the comb teeth, I didn't do it perfectly. When you look down at it from the mouthpiece, the teeth look uneven - of course that doesn't affect playing, which was what I was concerned with. $80.

David Payne
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Elk River Harmonicas Forum now available via Iphone app, www.elkriverharmonicas.com/forum