Re: [Harp-L] Turbo ELX

I assume it could some day be used as the basis for a MIDI controller, but in its current form (based on the the description here http://www.turboharp.com/harmonicas/turboharp/th-e01-turboharp-elx.html) it has built into it a new kind of pickup that uses optics to translate the reed vibration to analog voltage. Hence you can plug it directly into effects units and amplifiers -- there's no MIDI involved.

Personally, what I'd love to hear, and haven't come across yet, is what the signal sounds like coming out of the pickups (minus the acoustic sound of the instrument and with no effects). Is it a dynamic and musical sound?

Regardless, it may have some interesting applications.

Do keep us posted Dave ;-).

- Slim.