Re: [Harp-L] Undiscovered Talent Grant

David Payne wrote:
<Sometimes, a man withdrawn to self-prescribed obscurity has to re-emerge, stand up, thrust his head <out and say "this is bull...."
< I mean that in the most caring, nurturing, encouraging way possible.
<This in no way means the project is dead. Even if you don't want to do be any more involved, that <doesn't mean the project is dead. The only way this project is dead is if nobody steps up to the <plate. That could be you, Bob, or it could be somebody else.
<I believe, that for every situation in life, there is an applicable Theodore Roosevelt quote.
<This one applies now:
<"Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster."

I've only quoted a piece of this because it's such a long post, but that's not intended to downplay the value of what you wrote.  This is a profound and inspiring post, one of the best (and best-written) things I've seen in months.

Thanks very much for sharing this.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter