[Harp-L] Another Tony Eyers question

Thanks for your answer to my
question. I am still digesting your Smart goals and hope you can
clarify this goal.

"50 bluesgrass tunes up to 132 beats per minute in first position.
I've got around 40 so far, sitting OK at 124.

I've listened to you play fiddle tunes and thought you played them all
on a modified harp in 2nd pos. Why would you switch to 1st position
for some?

(I also play a lot of fiddle tunes. I use 1st for major scale tunes
and 2nd for modal tunes. But I play standard harps.)

Finally, what works best for you to increase speed?

I really appreciate your sharing your knowledge with this listserv.

Bill in DC