Subject: Re: [Harp-L] The Shadowy World of Harmonica

Robert: I was specifically answering Jerry's post about dogs and
harmonicas. My husband's the Mopar guy, I'm the cat and harp person. The cats  are
all geriatric now and our vet bills are enormous so bringing in another  would
be the last straw. The main Mopar has been garaged almost since its birth
with a huge amount of funds spent (fairly recently) building it a new home
and  bringing it back to its former glory, as well as on probably 100 or so
models displayed and stacked everywhere.

Whenever any huffing and puffing or sour faces are made about my latest
harmonica acquisition, I merely lead him by the arm into the garage and
smilingly point out where he's 'hidden' his latest toy, explain how my newest
harmonica probably cost the same or less than his last Bradford Exchange
model,  but in no event could my purchases ever catch up to the '69 Road Runner's
 makeover. This usually keeps things on an even keel for a while.

Frankly I'd never NOT want him to know just how valuable some of my
instruments are--just as Ken suggested. How else could my unplayed and pristine
Buddha and Harrison Harps ever find a good home after I'm gone? Seems awfully
 shortsighted of people to be so determined to conceal their 'toys' so they
end  up tossed out as junk by someone unaware of their worth. I keep a list
 and where I think he should give away** some or sell others of my
instruments  and some of the mics and gear I've accumulated.

Elizabeth

**PS: this is an additional reason I try to keep my working instruments as
clean as possible.

"Message: 11