Re: [Harp-L] new product turns voice (or harmonica) into midi digital

I own a sonuus G2M pitch-to-midi box (they call it a guitar-to-midi controller, but the engineer who designed it told me there's nothing very guitar-specific about it other than the input impedance). This is the stand-alone version (analog audio in, midi out, no USB).

I've fooled around enough with it to realize that it would work fairly well in a very quiet setting, but even with very close mic'ing of the harmonica (in my case, a CX12), stray sounds (breath noise, guitar leakage, etc...) will cause random midi notes to fire at times which can sound rather unmusical. I was able to tame that significantly by adding a studio quality noise gate before the unit, but the levels have to be just right and you have to play very cleanly.

If one dedicated significant time to getting it set up just right, I'm sure it could be effective for harp, but it's not quite as simple as plug-n-play.

- Slim.