[Harp-L] Customizer vs Optimizer

Many people claim to be Harmonica Customizers. The work that they do varies
tremendously. People that install new cover plates, or new combs or paint
different parts, or swap parts to design harps or tunings that people want, are
all customizers, and rightly so.

The definition of Customize is, according to Webster:
to build, fit, or alter according to individual specifications.

The problem, the way I see it, is that the true Harp Technicians, such as Joe
Filisko, Joe Spiers, Chris Michalek(RIP), Brad Harrison, and many more that are
on or have been on this forum, including myself, Dave Payne, Mike Fugazzi,
Mathew Smart, Greg Jones, and others (See the Customizer List) also call
themselves Customizers. They are all customizers, but more importantly, they are
Optimizers. According to Webster the Definition of Optimizer is:

to make as perfect, effective, or functional as possible

It is confusing for the Harmonica buying and playing public.

For that reason, I call the harmonicas I build Optomized Harmonica. The reality
of the situation is that most of the technicians are Optomizer/Customizers.

Then, of course, there are the repair technicians, such as MP, which is probably
the most important for the average harmonica player.

Just Saying, as they say.

Customize - to build, fit, or alter according to individual specifications.

Optomize - to make as perfect, effective, or functional as possible