[Harp-L] Dave Payne Joins Hetrick

Since it has been ruminating for months, I'm pleased to announce the official collaboration of Hetrick (me/Scott Hetrick) and Dave Payne. He has come aboard on a part-time basis as a consultant and customizer.

As I'm sure most of you are already familiar with Dave, I will keep it brief in saying that he was trained by Brad Harrison, he worked at Harrison Harmonicas. He is a master customizer of both diatonic, chromatic, bass harp, tremolo...pretty much anything. He is awesome. Dave and I have been working together and talking regularly for months and it became pretty clear to me that I needed to convince him to only semi-retire. He is just too valuable to the harmonica community. I'm tickled pink and flattered that he is helping us. He has already brought a lot of value and I am also hopeful that our technology/machinery will help him realize some of his pet projects in the future.

As a part of his semi-retirement, Dave has agreed to let us help with his ordering/customer service inquiries and sell his custom builds on our website. I think this will help extend Dave's reach to customers beyond the forum community to the world wide web!

Dave's first suggestion was that we carry an optimized/specialty line of harmonicas that are available very quickly (in stock, if not quick turnaround). While I have been working on a batch of Hohners, Dave has already beat me with a great line of the following in Seydel now in stock:

1) New and improved Bluesified Concerto with overblows

2) Optimized Seydel Deluxe chromatic

3) A new line of optimized seydel session steel harmonicas that are configurable with different coverplates, hardware, combs etc.

You can read more about them and view options here http://www.hetrickharmonica.com

I personally appropriated some of these builds for my personal harp case and I must say they are such a joy to play and open new possibilities...while very affordable!

I just can't wait to announce some of the other things we are working on. This is just scratching the surface.

Kind regards

p.s. Now please help me in convincing Dave to travel down the Elk River to join us on the Chattahoochee in Georgia so we can get him in our shop full-time!

--
hetrickharmonica@xxxxxx
www.hetrickharmonica.com

Please consider the following when doing business with us (this is our email signature):

1) Problems getting a tight seal on that harmonica? Every single comb is quality tested before shipping. Don’t forget to flat sand those reedplates. Video how to atwww.harmonicacombs.com

2) Please be patient with us on orders. We make everything in house and we are slaves to perfection. Quality takes time!

3) On the rare occasion that you should have a problem with our products or services, please don't keep it to yourself or post your displeasure on public forums. Please contact us directly so that we can resolve it immediately.

Thank you for choosing Hetrick