[Harp-L] Great performance, distorted recording

Hi all,

I've posted a live recording from my gig with the Maw Band in Victor, Idaho on Nov. 16 2012.  The piece is a Brian Maw composition titled "Lost In You" (copyright Brian Maw/BMI, all rights reserved).  I'm playing a Special 20 in C through the Audix Fireball into my Digitech RP355, which is running a Champ amp model with a Bassman cab model and slapback delay from my patch set for Digitech RP.  (The patch name is CHAMPB, and it was included in the update set that went to subscribers in February of this year.)

The recording has lots of distortion in it; something went wrong with the live feed from the PA to my Zoom H4, and it's too late to correct it now.  But you can hear pretty clearly how much body and power there is in the amped-up harp tone, which is all coming from the RP (with, ahem, some help from the guy holding the harp).  I'll go so far as to say that this is a better amped-up harp tone than most "real" amps can produce.  The harp kicks in somewhere around a minute into the piece (which is a little over 5 minutes long in total); I recommend listening to the whole thing to hear how the song shapes the harp part.

Here's the URL for the recording.  Enjoy.
http://www.hunterharp.com/great-performance-distorted-recording-lost-in-you-with-brian-maw-nov-16-2012/

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter