[Harp-L] Good Chromatic for Beginner?

While I am reluctant to even mildly disagree with the acknowledged erudite
Winslow, I think he was a bit dismissive of the Seydel Standard Chromatic.
It is true that it is valveless and consequently a bit "windy", but it is
otherwise up to Seydel quality.

Like the Kalashnikov assault rifle and the Zenit Russian camera "it may be
crude, but it never jams". Having no valves has its advantages. Don't ask me
how I know! The downside is that you have difficulty being heard in a
session, but if you are less than competent this may be no bad thing.

By the way the Standard Chromatic costs less than a good quality Blues Harp
and by the time you work your way around it and decide that yes the
Chromatic Harmonica is for you, you will be ready for a "proper" chromatic
like the Hohner 270.

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana