[Harp-L] Trip to New Orleans - need advice and suggestions

Dream trip, at least for me. One week on vacation with my daughter, no spouses. She says that we have to go to New Orleans - she has been and I have not.

She knows the town and has taken care of where we will be staying. She shares my love of music and food. Although I am sure she has lots of ideas for us, I would like to see what the NOLA harmonica community might suggest.

  -  Places where I am particularly likely to hear good harmonica music
  -  Opportunities for me to actually play with some locals
  -  Opportunities to eat great harmonica player food

As for playing, I am an advanced player on thew humble 10-hold diatonic harmonica. I have played heaps of blues and jazz. For the latter, I am quite comfortable using my humble 10-hole diatonic harp as a three-octave chromatic harmonica. I currently play regularly as a member of a blues band and do occasional casuals with a jazz group.

I would be most grateful for any info you might wish to provide. I would be especially surprised and delighted if I were able to play find a jam or otherwise play with some folks.

-Larry Marks, Mount Shasta, CA