Re: [Harp-L] How to safely Clean a Harmonica

Cleaning the slide makes it work easier

As far as the rest of a chromatic harmonica, my attitude is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

As far as I can tell, shiny reed plates don't play any better than dull ones.

Unless you get a lot of pleasure out of shining up brass and chrome, I can't see the point in amything more than basic clean up.
On Nov 10, 2012, at 1:54 PM, robert mcgraw wrote:

> I should know the answer to this question, but I don't: What are the benefits  of cleaning a harmonica, especially a chromatic harmonica, in terms of responsiveness and playability?
> Thanks,
> WVa Bob

Richard Sleigh

P.O. Box 23