RE: [Harp-L] "gussing" in an Irish Trad Session

Well, Aongus, I got to play, invited, in three Dublin pubs (including Hughes' and The Cobblestone) in four nights, not by gussing but by taking an interest in the session and letting it be known very diffidently (to some people around the bar who the musicians seemed to know) that I had harps about my person and could play some tunes. For my last night, one of the musicians at The Cobblestone had told me about her session the following night and I sat in for the whole evening. I wouldn't dream of joining in uninvited in a session. Anyone thinking of doing that in our session gets short shrift, especially if they're sporting one of those bodhran jobbies! Toujours la politesse, as they say in Outer Mongolia...