 From: Roger Beck <beckmeister1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2012 9:08 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Cleaning harmonicas

Watched a Jason Ricci video - cleaning 7 or 8 harmonicas a week using the technique he demonstrated.  I was
immediately affected by his recommendations and decided - "I'm gonna do that too"!  So I get my 91% alcohol and... my bottle of KaBoom, a toothbrush to scrub in the ol' KaBoom...
Lo and behold - the back of the bottle states "do not use on brass!"   Oh Oh! - is KaBoom indeed OK for scrubbing reed plates with a toothbrush?  If not - what is better?

A long-term, yet effective, cleaning technique that'll preserve my harps is my objective.   Are there links that might offer alternatives for smart cleaning?
Any word is much appreciated.   Roger