From: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Nov 8, 2012 9:15 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: un-gussing

There are only a couple of other harp players where I live. One of them
is a good blues harp player and has his own band, members of which are
mostly friends of mine.
Back when I was really rough in my playing, he would almost always get
me up to play a song, always something basic that I could more or less
play.
But a funny happened on the way to the forum. When I started getting
more serious about my playing, going to Buckeye and SPAH, etc. I got up
with them once and played Stormy Monday and it was much better than my
previous attempts. (Not saying it was all that good, but better)
Haven't been invited up to play again. Even when a couple of my
guitar-playing friends in the band asked the leader numerous times.
It doesn't really bother me, but it bothered my friends.
The harp-playing band leader is still a friend of mine and we talk harp
on the rare occasions we run into each other.
Maybe I should have stood in the back and wailed along. At least I would
have known I was in the right key.
  Steve Webb in Minn.