Re: [Harp-L] Inapproriate playing

________________________________
 From: Arthur Jennings <timeistight@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Glenn Weiser <banjoandguitar100@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 4, 2012 11:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Inapproriate playing

No.

A lot of players have written about inviting "Gus" up to play but it seems that they're looking for a diplomatic way to shut him up.

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Glenn Weiser <banjoandguitar100@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The prevalence of opinion on this one is noted. But I have also been invited onstage in mid-song by the band countless times after I broke out a harp and they heard me play. So does the end justify the means?
>
>Glenn Weiser

For the sake of discussion I must retort that that is sheer speculation-you don't really know that, do you? Without havering been there you wouldn't have any sense of the whether any such invitation was begrudging or genuine. I've gotten dozens of enthusiastic invites this way. But I readily admit you have to use your judgement. If I play along in the house with musicians I've jammed with at open mics for ten years,or my former students, who were all over the place in Albany, that's one thing. In other situations it would have been wrong.and was too be avoided. I don't think you can make a blanket rule here.

-Glenn Weiser

--
Arthur Jennings
http://www.timeistight.com