Re: [Norton AntiSpam][Harp-L] Innapropriate harmonica

Had a guy come up on a set break a couple months ago and start talking to me about what kind of harps I used. He was an older dude, said he was a lifelong harper, kinda rough with just a few teeth and very bad personal hygiene. I grabbed a harp to show him what make/model I use as my main harps and he deftly grabbed it out of my hand and immediately shoved it into his mouth and started playing it...... Very badly.

As I carry a few extras, I chalked it up to my own stupidity and said when he tried to give it back, "no, you go ahead and keep it" lesson learned. But later during the next set, he was up front during my solo wailing from the front of the crowd on my harp, which was a C harp and I was playing cross harp solo on an F# harp in the key of C#.

Needless to say, it sounded really awful and I glared at him and stopped playing until he stopped too. I came off the stage and not so politely told him not to play during our show anymore. He stopped and later had the balls to asked me to autograph the harp he got from me! The bandmates had a great time on the ride home giving me the business about it.

Ross Macdonald
www.sassparilla.info

Sent from my iPad