[Harp-L] Arts & crafts (was "oil on your skin will cause premature failure" [of tubes])

Back in the day as an A/V tech in my brief college career we'd take old or disused high-intensity projector bulbs and by touching them "just so" and plugging 'em in, they'd bulge out, so we could predictably make odd shapes with them.  I had a whole tribe of big-eared, bulbous-nosed bent heads on a shelf.    I don't recall seeing a bulb failure as a result, tho' I owuldn't really try, but the new shape certainly could render them un-insertable into a tight space.

Harmonica content: I had a harp in my pocket whenever I abused a bulb (and pretty much any other time, too...!)

Dave "is it plugged in?" Fertig