Re: [Harp-L] Oh those overblows...

Chuck,
Bending a note lower in holes 8, 9 and 10 is not overblowing.  It is
high note blow bending.

Bending makes a note go lower in pitch.  Overblowing makes a note go
higher in pitch.

You overblow on holes 1 thru 6.  You overdraw on holes 7 thru 10.

It is possible to overblow on an unmodified harmonica.  One of the
main things that helps overblows is a tight gap between the reed and
the reed plate on both reeds in one hole.  If a harmonica comes
tightly gapped out of the box, as some do, it is easier to overblow.
If it does not come tightly gapped, it is still possible but it is
more difficult.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com