[Harp-L] Hill Country Harmonica 2012

I follow many of the online harmonica forums on a fairly regular basis.  I
don't have time to read every word of every post but when I find something
of interest being discussed or debated I dig out all the nuggets of gold I
can find.  I also understand that there are multiple forums for lots of good
reasons and they each have their own agenda, purpose and constituency.  So
please forgive me if I step on any toes as I offer some information about a
recent event that took place two weekends ago in Mississippi.  It was called
Hill Country Harmonica 2012 and was hosted and produced by Adam Gussow and
Jeff Silverman.  In a nutshell, it was two full days of Blues Harp Heaven
attended by 150 harmonica enthusiasts who quite simply had a wonderful time
learning about, listening to and playing the harmonica.  If you haven't seen
some of the videos that ware popping up on YouTube featuring the
performances, you should check them out.  Here is but a sampling of the
music we were treated to.

Pro Jam:          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew18GFkNqiY

Mitch Kashmar:          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErqWe64BtNo
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErqWe64BtNo&feature=relmfu> &feature=relmfu

Todd Parrott:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT-VSzzxXyc
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT-VSzzxXyc&feature=related>
&feature=related

Adam Gussow:           http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxi7G5oAwCM
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxi7G5oAwCM&feature=relmfu> &feature=relmfu

There are a lot more videos but you know how it works on YouTube.  If you
want to find more you can just about re-live the entire two days as there
were easily 25-30 video cameras running all the time and lots of the guys
are posting clips.

Enjoy.

Tom Halchak

Clearwater, FL