 From: Timothy Kane <hawkeyekane@xxxxxxxxx>
To: David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L]tube handling

Just outta curiosity....

Have you ever messed with a ham radio before? My wife's uncle is major ham out of Marshall, IL. Even has the ham radio license plates on his car. He swears by those suckers. It's funny how you mentioned that tube driven devices would survive a nuke attack, because that's what he always says about his ham.

"One day, when all communications go out across the country and everbody's sitting in the dark with no cell service, I'm still gonna be talking to folks in Europe if I'm having a good night."

I've thought about getting into ham myself. God knows I'd have a good taste in mics for it. ;-)

                          Hawkeye Kane
                                                                                                 hawkeyekane@xxxxxxxxx
                                                                                                     Cell: (217)-741-7183
                                                                                                    www.hawkeyekane.com