Re: [Harp-L] Programming an RP55?

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Ryan Hartt <rhartt1234@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any tips on programming these things? I've goofed around with it a little
> and it doesn't seem too intuitive.

 I think you'll get the flow soon, with a little steady tinkering. I became
acquainted with effects by reading (and building kits from) Craig
Anderton's Projects for Guitarists, but his Multieffects for Musicians is
probably the better path today.

I start by creating one clean neutral patch with a blank name field that I
can copy/save as needed. Everything is off or zero'd out. This avoids
manually recreating the repeating features. Factory patches are ok to learn
from, but most are guitar-oriented with high gain and sustain, and not
practical for harps on a mic. Fix them by lowering input gain, dropping the
distortion sections for now.

Experiment with selection of amp head, and cabinet, but keep preamp lower
and master output adjusted to a medium volume. (Later, you'll have many
patches and need to adjust them to a similar volume.) Build a sound, name
it, and save it to an address location (number).

>From here, you are the artist, painting on a blank canvas! Generally, set
your effect, then back it off, or it will sound like too much tomorrow. Our
ears become accustomed to  sounds, so we think more is better. NOT.

>From here it's basics like short and long echos, and reverbs. You MUST set
up a tap tempo delay if your device will support it.

Best wishes, and keep tinkering!

Robert Hale

See you at SPAH2012

Spiral Advocate