Re: [Harp-L] Airtightedness

Lots of words get started that way, people just start saying them. In fact, just about every word commonly used started that way and if people didn't pick new words, we and the Germans would still be speaking the same language like we used to.
"Airtightedness" probably won't be the most long-lasting of words, because "airtightness" is a fine substitute. I've always been interested in word origins... "reeds" in an interesting one, because the German word for it, "Zungen" literally means "tongues" and we don't go around saying "I keep blowing out five draw tongues."

David

David Payne
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Elk River Harmonicas Forum now available via Iphone app, www.elkriverharmonicas.com/forum