[Harp-L] Fantastic Article

http://lifehacker.com/5913295/theres-no-speed-limit-the-lessons-that-changed-my-life

This article, by CD Baby founder Derek Sivers is titled There's No Speed Limit. He tells how he acquired semesters worth of Berklee harmony and arranging knowlege in a few lessons. I can't recommend this enough.

Caveat: as an adult you really can acquire knowlege very rapidly - you've learned how to learn. However, learning a musical instrument is more than just picking up a body of knowlege.

Some people, not many, can get good at an instrument very quickly, but because there's muscle memory involved, along with acquisition of a strong sense of time and the acquisition of the language of musical feeling, along with the development of one's own language, learning an instrument takes more work than acquiring a background in jazz theory.

That said, I think this is a very inspiring article for musicians just learning to play.